16.2.08

"I like boring things." - Warhol

Andy Warhol's art is a little - or very - overused these days. I see those Campbell Soup or Mao print totes everywhere. There's thousands of them at Ross. I even own one of those Velvet Underground "Peel Here: Banana" print wallets. But Warhol created a culture. Aside from the pop art he made the Factory, films, the Warhol Superstars, the couch, music and so much more.
Art inspired by art:


A Banksy


Originally from the set "Understanding Art for Geeks" by http://www.paulthewineguy.com/


"I reckon I’ve made a mistake, i.e. modifying pieces of art with no right whatsoever of doing so."

3 comments:

Frank said...

mmhm. Very true. I even have a Warhol's Mao poster in my room! haha.

Anonymous said...

DANGGGGG! THIS POST BE MADDDD DECENT. GIMME SOME MORE OF THIS SHIT POOPASCOOPANOOOP.

Anonymous said...

you crazy indians need to get off of this damn banksy. i want some more bollywood and globjamman posts.