31.8.08

M.I.A. is no longer M.I.A.!

When M.I.A. announced that her show at Bonaroo would be her last, we were all pretty disappointed, but most of us were definitely skeptical about her early "retirement".


Lately, Paper Planes has exploded onto just about every station on the radio, from KROQ to Power 106 due to the advertisements for Pineapple Express, and it kind of sucked hearing it seep into the mainstream because of a movie. But, it had an upside:

"Well, [Bonaroo] it was my last ever show. And it still is. I stopped touring after that and I didn’t want to make music again. I was quite happy to just leave it all behind. I was happy with what I had achieved. Now, with the success of 'Paper Planes' there’s pull for me to make another record. Even my mum believes in me more [laughs]. It’s a nice encouragement. But I was planning my life as a fishing woman on the outskirts of Cambodia. That’s a joke."

Hallelujah!

No comments: